Wednesday 23 February 2011

Boredom at work = progress

I'm at the beginning of a bunch if ideas i have for some animated shorts. Being at work doesn't give me as much time as i would like to work on my ideas but i try make the best with the time i have. Sometimes the lack of customers at work gives me time to think up new characters and situations. It allows me to draw a lot quicker as i try to avoid being caught. And by drawing quicker, i find myself having a lot of lucky mistakes which lead to new and fun characters. There is less pressure to draw at home and because of this i always get stuck in the smaller details. At work i don't suffer from this problem.

So below are some of the characters i'm trying to think up for these animated shorts. None of these are final.

This guy below was a quick sketch i did of another character i created while at work. I believe i uploaded him in an earlier post.




This dog took me a while. I had a very dry pen.


One point of the daw i was actually going mad with boredom. I had this really cool crayola pen right beside me which i used to colour in the tongue. I'm not sure what type of pen it was but it was really nice. Well nice for a cheap pen.
Finally here is another character i came up with. It doesn't follow my usual drawing construction. However i do really like this guy.

What do you think of my at work doodles?

No comments:

Post a Comment